The Quebec Cancer Coalition is a group of more than 60 non-profit organizations representing all cancer types and all regions of Quebec, which aims to improve the health care system in Quebec for the good of those affected by cancer. In particular, we defend the rights and interests of patients, survivors and caregivers.
Our mission is to be a leading advocate for people affected by cancer in order to improve the health care system in cancer in Québec. Since 2001, our members share our vision for a healthier Quebec, centered on patients, survivors and caregivers.
Since 2001, the Quebec Cancer Coalition has drafted several recommendations grouped under major cancer themes. Since then, numerous actions, inspired by these recommendations, have been carried out to rally all individuals involved in the fight against cancer in Québec, getting them to go the extra mile to beat cancer and to create change.
Consult our 12 priorites 2014-2017
Our priorities for 2019-2022 are:
01. Provide Quebec with an integrated, long-term vision for oncology.
02. Promote value-based healthcare.
03. Ensure regional equity in access to the best care and the best health services.
04. Have an effective, up-to-date Québec cancer registry accessible to clinicians and researchers.
05. Promote patient participation in clinical studies.
06. Raise awareness about the challenges and opportunities of personalized medicine for Quebec.
07. Improve access to advanced diagnostics and innovative treatments.
08. Ensure an optimal HPV vaccination and screening program.
09. Improve the quality and participation in colorectal cancer screening programs.
10. Better support people affected by cancer (patients, survivors, caregivers).
Board of Directors
Bladder Cancer Canada
Member of the Patient, Survivour and Caregiver Committtee
Coordinator of patient-partnership
CHUS Research Center (Sherbrooke)
Co-President & Co Founder
HPV Global Action
Eva Villalba, MBA
Quebec Cancer Coalition
President of the Patient, Survivour and Caregiver Committtee
Dr Gerald Batist
- Director, Segal Cancer Centre
- Director, Dept. of Oncology, Sir Mortimer B. Davis-Jewish General Hospital
- Scientific Director, Montreal Centre for Experimental Therapeutics in Cancer
- Director, McGill University Centre for Translational Research in Cancer
Chair, Department of Oncology, McGill University
- Professor, Departments of Medicine and Oncology, McGill University
Dr Denis-Claude Roy
- General Manager, CellCAN
- Director, Research Centre – ICSU-SSISC of Eastern Montreal
- Director, Centre of Excellence for Cellular Therapy
Dr Marc Steben
- General practitioner and HPV expert
- Co-Chair, HPV GLOBAL ACTION
- Professor, Department of Social and Preventive Medicine, School of Public Health, Université de Montréal
- Chair of the Canadian HPV Prevention Network International Centre for Infectious Diseases
- Administrator on the Board of Directors of the International Society for the Study of Vulvovaginal Diseases, the International Papillomavirus Society and the American STD Association
- Member of the Canadian STI Guidelines Expert Panel
Dr Elie Kassouf
- Head of the Department of Hematology and Medical Oncology,Centre Hospitalier De Lanaudière
- Founder – Kancel.com
- Founder – HowITreatCovid19.com
Dr Philippe Joubert
- Pathologist at IUCPQ
- Associate Professor, Department of Molecular Biology, Medical Biochemistry and Pathology, Faculty of Medicine
- Researcher, Cancer Research Center of Laval University
- Researcher, Pulmonology Axis, Research Center University Institute of Cardiology and Pulmonology of Quebec (IUCPQ)
Dr Jean-Paul Bahary
Radiation oncologist at the CHUM