The Quebec Cancer Coalition is a group of more than 60 non-profit organizations representing all cancer types and all regions of Quebec, which aims to improve the health care system in Quebec for the good of those affected by cancer. In particular, we defend the rights and interests of patients, survivors and caregivers.
Our mission is to be a leading advocate for people affected by cancer in order to improve the health care system in cancer in Québec. Since 2001, our members share our vision for a healthier Quebec, centered on patients, survivors and caregivers.
Since 2001, the Quebec Cancer Coalition has drafted several recommendations grouped under major cancer themes. Since then, numerous actions, inspired by these recommendations, have been carried out to rally all individuals involved in the fight against cancer in Québec, getting them to go the extra mile to beat cancer and to create change.
Our priorities for 2019-2021 are:
01. Provide Quebec with an integrated, long-term vision for oncology.
02. Promote value-based healthcare.
03. Ensure regional equity in access to the best care and the best health services.
04. Have an effective, up-to-date Québec cancer registry accessible to clinicians and researchers.
05. Promote patient participation in clinical studies.
06. Raise awareness about the challenges and opportunities of personalized medicine for Quebec.
07. Improve access to advanced diagnostics and innovative treatments.
08. Ensure an optimal HPV vaccination and screening program.
09. Improve the quality and participation in colorectal cancer screening programs.
10. Better support people affected by cancer (patients, survivors, caregivers).
Board of Directors
Mr. Barry Stein
Cancer Colorectal Canada
Mr. Maxime Dumais
Mrs. Eva Villalba
Coalition Priorité Cancer au Québec
Mrs. Maria Milioto
Fédération des physiothérapeutes en pratique privée du Québec
Mrs. Teresa Norris
Mr. Donald Despres
Patient & Survivor Representative
Mr. Mark Stolow
Dr. Gerald Batist
Chief of Oncology at the Jewish General Hospital
Dr Gerald Batist
Director, Segal Cancer Centre
Director, Dept. of Oncology, Sir Mortimer B. Davis-Jewish General Hospital
Scientific Director, Montreal Centre for Experimental Therapeutics in Cancer
Director, McGill University Centre for Translational Research in Cancer
Chair, Department of Oncology, McGill University
Professor, Departments of Medicine and Oncology, McGill University
Dr Denis-Claude Roy
Directeur général, CellCAN
Directeur, Centre de recherche – CIUSSS de l’Est-de-Montréal
Directeur, Centre d’excellence en thérapie cellulaire
Dr Marc Steben
Family doctor and HPV expert