The Quebec Cancer Coalition is a group of more than 60 non-profit organizations representing all cancer types and all regions of Quebec, which aims to improve the health care system in Quebec for the good of those affected by cancer. In particular, we defend the rights and interests of patients, survivors and caregivers.
Our mission is to be a leading advocate for people affected by cancer in order to improve the health care system in cancer in Québec. Since 2001, our members share our vision for a healthier Quebec, centered on patients, survivors and caregivers.
Since 2001, the Quebec Cancer Coalition has drafted several recommendations grouped under major cancer themes. Since then, numerous actions, inspired by these recommendations, have been carried out to rally all individuals involved in the fight against cancer in Québec, getting them to go the extra mile to beat cancer and to create change.
Our priorities for 2019-2022 are:
01. Provide Quebec with an integrated, long-term vision for oncology.
02. Promote value-based healthcare.
03. Ensure regional equity in access to the best care and the best health services.
04. Have an effective, up-to-date Québec cancer registry accessible to clinicians and researchers.
05. Promote patient participation in clinical studies.
06. Raise awareness about the challenges and opportunities of personalized medicine for Quebec.
07. Improve access to advanced diagnostics and innovative treatments.
08. Ensure an optimal HPV vaccination and screening program.
09. Improve the quality and participation in colorectal cancer screening programs.
10. Better support people affected by cancer (patients, survivors, caregivers).